7.31.2011

THE CULTS "Go Outside"

Lisa introduced me to this song (can't get it out of my head now... "IIIIII really wanna go out, I really wanna go outside... lalallala") by The Cults... Reminds me a bit of Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zero's Home (also got stuck in our heads). Lisa also showed me the band's official music video featuring real footage from the Jonestown massacre of 1978 with the band members edited into scenes quite craftily... see for yourself:

Pretty creepy, right? And pretty controversial but after reading a statement from director Isaiah Seret the meaning behind the project is much easier to understand.

Now there is a new MTV-worthy version of the music video featuring Emma Roberts and Dave Franco... much more mainstream and shiny... doesn't quite have the same message or sentiment of the original official video (aka I don't like it as much). Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment