3.20.2011

The Sheepdogs: On the cover of the Rolling Stone?






My sister gave me a CD this summer by some Canadian band from Saskatchewan called The Sheepdogs, and being eternally up for anything new by my nation's people I plopped it right on into the car stereo and we listened to it all the way up north to the cottage. They've got this throwback Beatles/Eric Clapton/CSNY thing going on with a contemporary indie twist... they're doing a similar thing as The Black Keys style-wise but more rock n' roll driven where The Black Keys are more bluesy. It's all very good listening. I've come to love them.

That's why I was so excited to go onto the Rolling Stone site last week and see that they're top runners for a contest the mag is running where people vote for the band who gets to be on the next cover! Not only am I thrilled because they're great, I'm also happy there's some can-con in the mix there (Canadians have been representing this year, thank you Arcade Fire).

If you get a chance definitely go check them out and rate their music (that's how the voting works-pretty solid system I think).
And their album is a solid investment if your into paying money for music:)

I'm picturing these scruffy-haired dudes reliving that moment from Almost Famous when Stillwater finds out they've made the cover and break into song "...the thrill that'll get you when you get your picture on the cover of the Rolling Stone"

Good luck to you Sheepdogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment