3.25.2011

I'm Going to the 2011 Juno Awards on Sunday!!

First a big thank you to my big sis for taking me as her date to the Juno's on Sunday night:) I'm excited to say the least.

Never was a big fan of the Juno Awards until the past few years... always saw them as a kind of sub-par Grammy's... but Canadian music has stepped up its game in a huge way these past couple of years: Broken Social Scene, City and Colour, Alexisonfire, Metric, Shad, Down With Webster (from my hometown of The Beaches in Toronto I'm proud to say), The Sheepdogs, Hollerado, Feist, Drake, Arcade Fire, and of course The Biebs... that's just off the top of my head. And might I add that more than one of the above were represented and celebrated at the Grammy's this year? Sweet.
Arcade Fire

Broken Social Scene
Ok so I'm sounding super gung-ho about Canadian music, but I like that we've actually got a cool scene going on again - Neil Young, Joni Mitchell and The Band style - and after that sad, sad exhibition at the end of the closing ceremony of the Vancouver 2010 Olympics....I mean come on.
Neil Young - My Love
So I'm actually super excited to be a part of it on Sunday -  I know City and Colour, Arcade Fire, Chromeo, DWW, and Broken Social Scene are playing... and Neil Young is accepting the Allan Waters Humanitarian Award but not performing? I really hope he does a surprise number... would pretty much make my life complete. Oh and Drake is hosting - wonder how that'll go down.

Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment